1600 – Decorated Vegetable Exhibit
- Any variety of vegetables.
- Entries accepted at the Agriculture Building on Monday the week of the Fair only, between 10:00AM and 10:00PM.
- Prizes: 1st,$5.00 2nd,$3.00 and 3rd,$2.00
- Judged on own merit
- Open to all ages
Rules & Regulations
- Exhibits will be accepted only on Monday of Fair week between the hours of 10:00 AM and 9:00 PM. None will be accepted at any other time.
- The Fair Committee will not be responsible for vegetables or containers in exhibits.
- All exhibitors must fill out entry cards giving complete name, address and zip code or any premium awarded will be forfeited.
- In vegetable displays, plates will be furnished by the Fair Committee. In collections in a container, the containers must be furnished by the exhibitors.
- Vegetable varieties should be labeled if known or where specifically requested.
- Cash prizes and ribbons will be awards for each class. 1st – $5.00; 2nd – $3.00; 3rd – $2.00. Best of Show will be awarded.
- All exhibits will be judged by the Danish Method. Each exhibit will be judged on its own merit. Judges’ decisions are final.
- All vegetables must be in prime market condition.
- All produce must be grown by the exhibitor.
- All vegetables must be removed between 8:00 pm and 9:00pm on Sunday of Fair. Items left after 9:00 PM will be discarded.
- It is ultimately the exhibitor’s responsibility that exhibits are entered in the proper class.
- Fruit specimens will not be accepted. These include apples, blueberries, strawberries, and melons. Watermelons, however, are acceptable as a vegetable.
Joanne Jordan 401-364-9410
Kris Bell 401-316-0877