104101- Cinnamon Crunch Bread
Bake the following recipe. Bring 1/2 the bread on a white plate in a ziploc bag.
CINNAMON CRUNCH BREAD
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- ½ cup warm water
- 1⅛ teaspoon yeast
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup melted butter (1/2 stick) I used salted
- -Coating for Rolling-
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- Use your favorite bread making method (bread machine, stand mixer w/ dough hook, or by hand). If making by hand: Add yeast, water, then the rest of the dough ingredients to a large bowl & begin stirring with a wooden spoon. Once a dough ball has formed move the dough to a well floured surface.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes until it is smooth & elastic like.
- Move back to the bowl & cover with a clean cloth.
- Let rise 1 hour or until double in size
- Prepare the coating by mixing the sugar, brown sugar, & cinnamon together in small bowl, set aside.
- After 1 hour rise, divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Take each piece, roll into a 15″ log. Brush the pieces with 2 Tablespoons melted butter. Take the cinnamon/sugar mixture and sprinkle over the logs, roll each piece in mixture to coat evenly.
- Take the 3 pieces, pinch the top, braid the logs together, pinch the end when done.
- Carefully place on greased cookie sheet. Scoop up the unused cinnamon/sugar place in bowl with remaining melted butter, mix, then gently pat the mixture on to top of loaf. (If you don’t have enough butter or cinnamon/sugar mix you can make some more with 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoon brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon).
- Let rise 1 hour or until loaf is double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 23-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool, then slice & enjoy.