Superintendent: Jim Titus, 160 Liberty Hill Road, West Greenwich, RI 02817
Entries Due: August 1
Follow 4-H Guidelines for rules. Refer to general health regulations. All entries are due by August 1. Open to any enrolled RI 4-H member. This is one of the shows that will be qualifying exhibitors for participation in the ESE 4-H Beef show. 4-H members showing in the 4-H show will be required to keep their animals on the fairgrounds for the entire fair, being released Sunday night at 6 pm. All Beef animals are to be kept in the beef barn. Boots or closed toe shoes must be worn at all times. No sandals.
Breed Classes (in steers classes and in females classes, all breeds will show together):
- Light Weight Steer
- Medium Weight Steer
- Weight Steer
- Champion & Reserve Champion Steer
- 0 – 3 months females
- 4 – 6 months females
- 7 – 12 months females
- 13 – 18 months females
- 2 Years & Older females
- Brood Cow – 3 years and up
- Cow/Calf – Calf up to 6 months old
- Champion & Reserve Champion Female
FITTING & SHOWMANSHIP – Class Descriptions
- Cloverbud Ages 5,6,7 as of January 1
- Novice- Any age first year showing.
- Junior Ages 8,9,10,11 as of January 1
- Intermediate Ages 12,13, 14 as of January 1
- Senior Ages 15,16,17,18 as of January 1
Ribbons will be awarded for Blue, Red and White levels of performance and rosettes for showmanship. Trophies for freshman, intermediate, junior and senior showmanship champions and champion steer and champion breeding animal.
1st – $10.00; 2nd – $7.00; 3rd – $6.00; 4th – $3.00 Showmanship premiums: 1st – $20.00; 2nd – $15.00; 3rd – $10.00; 4th – $5.00