Chairman: Tina Fisk-Colt & Chris Colt
PO Box 71, Clayville, RI 02815
Note: All sheep must have a scrapie tag in their ear.
Entry Fee: $2.00 per head. Make checks payable to: Washington County Fair
Send entry form and fees by August 1 to the chairman.
Animals may arrive on grounds between 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday and will be released Thursday night. Exhibitors may enter no more than two animals in an individual class and one per group class. Exhibitors may show no more than two ewe lambs and two ram lambs per breed. Show is open to classes listed below. All bedding, feed, etc. must be supplied by the Exhibitor.
Rules and Regulations
Out of State sheep must have interstate health papers showing them to be free of contagious disease or will be disqualified.
Information on Entry Form must be complete or will not be accepted.
Registration number must be shown on Entry Form for each animal. Substitutions permitted in some classes.
Ear Tag or Legible Tattoo, attached to ear, must be the same as shown on Entry Form.
Entries must be in the name that appears on the Registration Papers.
Registration and management papers must be available upon request.
Sheep must be Clean and Fitted For Show or they will be disqualified. If possible, wash animals before bringing to fair.
All Exhibitors must be properly and cleanly dressed.
All Livestock space is on a first come, first served basis. Exhibitors are limited to no more than 12 animals.
a) Lambs born after January 1st, must have all their lambs teeth.
b) Lambs born after September 1st , shown in senior classes, may have dropped the first pair of lambs teeth, but show no more than one corner of each yearling tooth.
c) Yearlings cannot have more than four (4) permanent teeth in use.
Classes with only one entry may receive 1st premium ribbon, but only second premium money.
Any class with only one exhibitor will be paid second and third premium monies.
The show committee reserves the right to cancel, combine, subdivide, or reclassify any classes.
* All stock trailers are to be moved to the designated area in the parking lot. All sheep must be accompanied by an official health certificate and show proof of current rabies vaccination for each animal entered. Rabie vaccination must have been given a minimum of 30 days prior to the show.
* All sheep must be accompanied by an official health certificate and show proof of current rabies vaccination for each animal entered. rabie vaccination must have been given a minimum of 30 days prior to the show.
* Pens will need to be broken down before leaving on Friday!
40310 – Cheviot
40320 – Colored
40330 – Dorset
40340 – Hampshire
40350 – Shropshire
40360 – Southdown
40370 – Romney
40380 – Black Lincolns
40390 – All other breeds
40311 – Tunis
40312 – Cotswold
40391 – Suffolk
1. Ram Lamb – Sr. (born between Dec 1 to Jan 31)
2. Ram Lamb – Jr. (born Feb 1 and after)
3. Pair Ram Lambs
4. Yearling Ewe
5. Pair Yearling Ewes
6. Ewe Lamb – Sr. (born between Dec 1 to Jan 31)
7. Ewe Lamb – Jr. (born Feb 1 and after)
8. Pair Ewe Lambs
9. Pen of 3 Lambs
10. Flock consisting of: 1 Ram, 2 Yearling Ewe, and 2 Ewe Lambs
(One flock per exhibitor) (Must have been shown in individual classes)
One pair per exhibitor. (Must have been shown in individual classes)
403900- Market Lamb Classes (May not be shown in breed classes) Weight to be determined at show time.
Premiums: 1st – $20.00; 2nd – $15.00; 3rd – $10.00; 4th – $7.00; 5th – $5.00