Rules & Regulations
- All entries must be mailed directly to the superintendent. 🡆 POULTRY ENTRY FORM
- All animals must be in good health and free from disease.
- All entries must be received by August 1. No late entries accepted. Limit 20 chickens per exhibitor. MAX OF 4 (FOUR) STANDARD SIZED BIRDS PER EXHIBITOR.
- All entries must state – Open or Youth (ages 5-18 years old), breed of animal (or pet class), variety (or color) and class (cock, hen cockerel, pullet). If you have any questions, please call the superintendent.
- There will be classes for mixed breed, pet stock as well as purebred.
- Entry fee is $.75 each in Open Show, $.25 each for the youth show. Entry fees must be received with the entry or they will not be accepted. Make checks payable to: Washington County Fair.
- Exhibitors may enter only one show; please state Open Show or Youth Show.
- All animals must be brought to the Fair on Tuesday between 5pm and 9pm. Animals will be release at 6:30pm on Sunday. Exhibitors must be there at this time.
- A pass will be given to each exhibitor entering three or more animals only, see Superintendent.
- Animals will be cared for by experienced volunteers. All animals exhibited will be at the sole risk of the owner.
- For Sale spaces will be limited, for youth exhibitors only, see Superintendent.
- Out-of-state animals will be accepted on space availability basis.
- No changing or substitution at coop-in.
Superintendent Ron Pierce
60 Shore Drive North Kingstown, RI 02852
Open Poultry Show
- Judging will be on Wednesday.
- Purebreds will be judged by the ABA & APA standard of perfection.
- There will be classes for mixed breeds.
- No Standard Waterfowl. Bantam ducks only!
- $.75 each entry fee.
- ONLY youth members are allowed to sell animals outside of poultry/rabbit barn. Please see additional rules to sell located inside the rabbit/poultry barn.
Classes shall be cock, hen cockerel, and pullet for purebreds. Mixed breeds will be judged accordingly. Classes will be judged by breed. Pet classes will be grouped accordingly.
1st $5.00; 2nd $4.00; 3rd $3.00
Prizes for Best and Reserve Bantam
Best and Reserve Standard
Best and Reserve Waterfowl
Best and Reserve Pet (mixed breeds)
Ribbons given for First, Second and Third Place.
Other Poultry Shows
- Open to all Youth 5-18 years of age.
- $.25 each entry fee.
- Judging by the Danish system.
- Same awards as the Open Show.
- There will be Poultry Showmanship classes if there is any interest.
- Showmanship begins at 12:30pm (Note: Order of the showmanship classes is at the discretion of the judges)
1st $20.00, 2nd 15.00, 3rd $10.00; 4th $5.00
Rooster Crowing Contest
Time: Friday at 5:00PM
- Entry fee $2.00 per bird. Cages provided.
- A bird that crows the most times in allotted time is the winner.
- No touching cage or bird.
- Winner takes all entry money (guaranteed $20.00).
- Open to anyone, BIRD MUST BE ENTERED IN THE SHOW